1. How can I pre-pay my Sports Equipment?
Sports Equipment is available between the time of booking up to 4 hours prior to departure time through PAL Express Website, Organic Ticket Offices, Services Centers and Call Center.
2. How much will I have to pay for the Sports Equipment?
PHP 1000.00 per person per way.
3. What is the maximum weight under the Sports Equipment Service?
15kgs per person per way
4. I purchased my tickets through a Travel Agency; can I still avail of this service?
Yes, you may call our Call Center through (02) 855-9000 or (032)505-1616 for Cebu, to avail of this service or through our Organic Ticket Offices and Service Centers.
5. How is this different from the Pre-paid Baggage service?
This service entitles the passenger of up to 15kgs of Sports Equipment. Currently sports equipment is weighed together with the passenger’s pre-paid baggage allowance (if he availed of one). With this new service of PAL Express, passengers can now enjoy both the pre-paid baggage option and additional 15kgs of sports equipment.
6. What are the eligible sports equipment covered in this service?
- Golf Clubs
- Diving/Scuba Equipment
- Surfboards/Surfing Equipment (not windsurfing)
- Fishing Equipment
- Bowling Balls
7. What if I availed of the Sports Equipment Service and actual weight of my baggage exceeds 15kgs?
If you exceed the Sports Equipment allowable weight, the excess weight will be charged either by volume or actual weight whichever is higher.
8. I have a 10kgs Free Baggage Allowance, I also availed of 10kgs. Pre-paid Baggage and Sports Equipment for my Golf Bag, but the actual weight of my regular checked-in baggage is 15kgs and Golf Club is 15kgs. Will I still pay any excess baggage at the airport?
No, you will not be asked to pay any excess baggage fee at the airport anymore.
9. I have a 10kgs. Free Baggage Allowance, I also availed of 10kgs. Pre-paid Baggage and Sports Equipment for my Bowling Balls, but actual weight of my regular checked-in baggage is 23kgs. and Bowling Balls of 15kgs. Will I still pay any excess baggage at the airport?
Yes, you will have to pay excess baggage fee for the 3kgs in excess of your excess baggage.
10. I have a 10kgs. Free Baggage Allowance, and availed of Sports Equipment for my Bicycle, but actual weight of my regular checked-in baggage is 8kgs. and Bicycle is 16kgs. Will I still pay any excess baggage at the airport?
Yes, you will have to pay excess baggage fee for the 1kg in excess of your sports equipment.
11. I have availed of Sports Equipment for my flight, but on the day of my flight I failed to bring any sports equipment, can I refund the fee what I paid?
No, Sports Equipment Service Fee is non-refundable.
12. I will rebook my confirmed flight; can I also rebook my Sports Equipment service?
No, Sports Equipment service is non-rebookable.
13. I have cancelled my confirmed reservation, and wish to refund my ticket, can I also refund my Sports Equipment Fee?
No, it non-refundable.
14. Is Sports Equipment Fee transferable?
Yes, Sports Equipment Fee is transferable.
15. What is the required packaging for the above-mentioned sports equipment?
To avoid damages, the following must be complied:
- Golf Clubs – The external container of the clubs must be sturdy designed for shipping.
- Diving/Scuba Equipment – All items must be secured in a sturdy container designed for shipping. Scuba tanks and flares are not allowed. Spear guns must be unloaded with the spear packed separately.
- Surfboards/Surfing Equipment and Wakeboards – The outer container must be strong enough as protection against dents and untoward scratches. The length of a surfboard to be accepted must be ____ for Airbus flights and ____for Bombardier Q-400 flights. For wakeboards length should be _____for Airbust Flights and _______for Bombardier Q-400 flgiths. Only ___Surfboards/Wakeboards are allowed per Airbus flights and _____Surfboards/Wakeboards are allowed per Airbus flights.
- Bicyles – Tires must be deflated. Its lamps, mirrors and pedals must be removed. All other parts of the bicycle must be packed in a way they are positioned in the same direction of the main frame.
- Fishing Equipment – Its main part should be retractable and must be packed in a sturdy container.
- Bowling Balls – We accept 2 bowling balls and 1 pair of bowling shoes placed securely in a bowling bag.
16. What about other Sports Equipment not mentioned, how can I transport them?
Sports Equipment not mentioned will be assessed using standard excess baggage fee and still subject for acceptance as checked baggage by PAL Express Check-in Agent.
17. Is this service available on all PAL Express flights?
This service is available on all PAL Express flights except for Caticlan, Busuanga and Masbate. The service is however limited in terms of quantity of prepaid Sports Equipment that may be availed per flight – this is due to the size/capacity of the aircraft to be utilized for the flight.